[netCDFJava #ALR-856518]: java/html to display some statistics

Greetings Owen!

If you check out the current packages contained in the netcdf-java library
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v4.2/javadoc/index.html), you
will see that none of the packages your example tries to import exist. As the
comments at the beginning of the file indicate, CreateNetcdf.java is using the
v1 interface - you are using the v4 library.

So, to test your package, try the following example:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/Simple_xy_wr.java

If you keep the .java file and the .jar file in the same directory, you may
compile it using:

javac -classpath netcdfAll-4.2.jar Simple_xy_wr.java

Then, to run the file, execute:

java -cp netcdfAll-4.2.jar:. Simple_xy_wr

Notice that I've added '.' (i.e. the current directory) to the classpath.

For an example of using netcdf-Java to read a netcdf file, check out:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/Simple_xy_rd.java

This example will read the file that Simple_xy_wr creates.

Cheers!

Sean

PS: sorry for the duplicate email - please reply to this one and ignore the
previous one :-)

Ticket ID: ALR-856518
Department: Support netCDF Java