[netCDF #BFE-796031]: FAIL:t_nc-GMT

Greetings Iolanda!

> I am trying to install GMT in my linux machine (I have done this several
> times withouth problems...) and I have been not successfull.
>
> The report error is:
>
> 1 of 1 tests failed
>
> make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sis68/netcdf-3.6.3/libsrc'
> make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sis68/netcdf-3.6.3/libsrc'
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sis68/netcdf-3.6.3/libsrc'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> I have install opensuse 11.4 (x86_64) in a virtualbox.

I am not familiar with GMT, as it is not associated with Unidata. From what I
can tell from their website and FAQ, the GMT install script should build and
install netCDF for you - therefore, the error you are getting is likely
associated with something in their install script. I would suggest contacting
them at address@hidden to see if they have any suggestions. Also, they seem to
be using an older version of netCDF - you may want to suggest to them that they
consider updating to the latest netCDF lib (it's backwards compatible, so there
should not be any issues for them in upgrading).

Cheers!

Sean Arms

> Do you think it will be possible to help with the installation
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Iolanda Morais
>
> ---------
> FCUL