[netCDF #KXB-112643]: netcdf libraries for R on OS x operating system?

> Hello,
> I am new to the netcdf file format but am receiving some data in this form. I
> would like to work with the data in R and OS X operating system, so I think I
> need to install both the netCDF libraries and then the ncdp package (for use
> in R). I'm writing because I'm not sure where to obtain the netCDF library
> and any instructions? Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> Regards,
> Mercedes

Greetings Mercedes!

The latest release of the netCDF library can be found here:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.1.3.tar.gz

and directions for building can be found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html#Requirements

Cheers!

Sean

Ticket ID: KXB-112643