[netCDF #AUL-395202]: NetCDF binaries?

Greetings Rob,
> Hi,
>
> Your website
>
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Binaries.html>
>
> directs users to a page
>
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp>
>
> where NetCDF binary distributions may (supposedly) be downloaded, but
> the only the only thing to be found on that page are source tarballs.

We should fix this - sorry about that.

> Where can I find a current binary package for Mac OS X 10.6?

Unidata has an ftp site where binary files and other goodies can be found.
Specifically, you would want:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/

Look for darwin_10.7-i386.tar.gz. Currently we only have binaries for i386, so
if you want 64 bit libs you will need to build from source.

Cheers!

Sean Arms

> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> --
> Robert Nicholas, Ph.D.
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> Department of Geosciences, Penn State University
>
> post: 411 Deike Building, University Park, PA 16802
> email: address@hidden
> voice: +1 (814) 808-5610
> web: http://www.geosc.psu.edu/~ren10

Ticket ID: AUL-395202