[netCDF #UBI-923656]: netCDF

Hi James,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your question.
> Within Visual Studio 2010 I am developing a fire ecology model in C++ on
> a NSF grant.  I would like to open, and read in a netCDF file directly
> into my C++ program.  I have read through most of help documents and I
> have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is there a method that will access netCDF files from within Microsoft
> Visual Studio 2010 for a C++ program.

We make available DLLs for C and C++ libraries for 32-bit Windows platforms.
Here's an explanation of the current DLL situation:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2011/msg00175.html

> 2. If so, which version of netCDF library is recommended

The version used for building the DLLs above is 4.1.3-rc1 (release candidate 1),
which is what we currently recommend.

> 3. Is there a set of instructions for such, and is there a direct link
> to them.

If the above instructions are insufficient, send us another question to
address@hidden and we'll try to provide a timely response.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UBI-923656
Department: Support netCDF