[netCDF #VSB-136961]: RE: New .nc user

Greetings David,

I am not an ArcGIS user, but from what I can tell it has the capability to work
directly with netCDF files (since version 9.2). I found a tutorial by ESRI that
may be of use:

help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/pdf/netcdf-tutorial.pdf

Let me know if that helps!

Sean

David Carroll Posted on: 20110525.0757 MDT
Hi,

I'm new to using netcdf files and was wondering if someone could give me a
bit of help or point me in the right direction. I want to export reanalysis
data that is in .nc files into time series data in a text file and don't
know where to begin. Or any format that can be eventually imported into
Access or ArcGIS. I have installed and used PCGrADS but it doesn't suit my
purpose. My machine is running on Windows 7.

Many thanks in advance,
David

David Carroll Posted on: 20110526.0947 MDT
This is some more information to make my purpose a bit clearer.

I am trying to take U and V wind component data from multiple Reanalysis
files for a specific region, all of Europe, and produce a time series of the
magnitude which can then be queried in MS Access. I want the output to be
organised as a time series for each specific location on the grid, such as:

Time              Lat                     Lon                Magnitude
01/01/2000 00:00

Ticket ID: VSB-136961
Department: Support netCDF