[netCDF #ROX-123466]: NETCDF configuration failure

> To it whom concerns,
>
> I am trying to compile netcdf 4.1.2  in a MAC PRO 5,1  (with snow leopard
> 10.6.6)  2 x 2.93 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon
> ( 8 Gb 1333 MHZ DDR3 memory) and Xcode 3.2.6 with pgf90, pgcc and pgcpp
>
> I did what it is posted in the web site
> http://www.pgroup.com/resources/netcdf/netcdf411_pgi2011.htm
>
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/pronos/local2 --with-udunits
> --with-hdf5=/Users/pronos/local2
>
> However  the following error is showed during the configuration:
>
> configure:5187: checking whether we are cross compiling
> configure:5195: pgcc -o conftest  -DpgiFortran  conftest.c  >&5
> configure:5199: $? = 0
> configure:5206: ./conftest
> Error: specified stack size exceeds hard limit
> configure:5210: $? = 127
> configure:5217: error: in `/Users/pronos/extras/netcdf-4.1.2':
> configure:5219: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> I set the stack size unlimited and still I got that Error.
>
> There is any way to get around the cross compiling test?

It's not a cross compiling test per se. It's just that your pgcc cannot produce
functioning executables. This must be fixed, or another compiler used. NetCDF
needs a functioning C compiler. If you look in the config.log you will see the
program that it is trying to run. Copy that into a .c file and try and compile
it from the command line.

Good luck,

Ed

Ticket ID: ROX-123466