[netCDF #WXP-996743]: HDF error with netcdf-4.1.2-rc1

Howdy Jeff!

OK, I don't know if this is a HDF5 bug or not, but I presume that it is. You
can only detach dimension scales in reverse order from the order you attached
them. This surprises me, but perhaps it's the behavior they intend. I have
built in a test case in the h5_test directory (tst_h_dimscales4.c) which
demonstrates the issue, and brought this to the attention of the HDF5 team.
They will let me know if this is a bug or a feature. ;-)

Meanwhile, I have changed my code to go through the list backwards when
detaching dimension scales, and now your test case works. (This is with HDF5
1.8.6.)

I have generated a snapshot release with this fix - if you could give it a try
that would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: WXP-996743