[netCDF #JFY-284068]: netcdf-4 format version

Hi Dieter,

> We are looking for an installation of a netcdf-library to support netcdf-4
> format features. Do we understand correctly that the netcdf 4.1.2 release
> does NOT
> Support netcdf-4 format features?

No, the 4.1.2 release DOES support netCDF-4 features.  It is the most
recent release, but we are also working on a 4.1.3 release that will
probably be available later this month.

> Is it further correct that a release that does support netcdf-4 format
> features is the one available from
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-beta/index.jsp
> ?

That beta release, netcdf-4.1.3-beta1, also supports netCDF-4 format
features, and is close to what will be released as 4.1.3.

If you want to monitor dates of releases, you can also download
directly from the FTP directory:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/

where you can see there is also a daily snapshot release available
with the latest changes.

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: JFY-284068