[netCDF #UZT-541062]: config error

Hi Nicole,

> When I run
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/support --disable-netcdf-4
>
> I get this error
>
> checking whether a path for curl-config was specified... no
> checking whether a location for curl installation was specified... no
> checking checking whether a location for curl-config found... no
> configure: error: Cannot locate neither curl-config or a curl directory
>
> What is going wrong and how can I fix it?

The configure script is looking for the curl library, needed for support for
use of the DAP protocol for remote access to subsets of data.  If you need this
capability, you will need to install the curl library before running configure,
and tell the configure script where it's installed.  If you don't need DAP
remote access, just add --disable-dap to the configure options.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UZT-541062
Department: Support netCDF