[netCDF #VRU-236841]: Re: Known problem URL for large block size, silent file corruption

Hi Davide,

> Will you also publish a release including this fix, so everybody can
> install it and be sure that if users are using version x or later they
> are safe? If so, ETA? Or should we apply this 20-line patch to 4.1.2?

Yes, the fix will be in release 4.1.3-beta, 4.1.3, and all subsequent releases.

I could make the 20-line patch available as well, but there is another fairly
important backward-compatibility fix Ed has put in version 4.1.3, so we want
to encourage upgrades to 4.1.3 where practical.

We hope to have a beta release of 4.1.3 by tomorrow, with the 4.1.3 release
next week, depending on whether problems are discovered in the beta release.

In case you're interested, I've attached the 20-line addition to
libsrc/posixio.c
for 4.1.2.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VRU-236841