[netCDF #RXT-364648]: failed 1 of 5 tests when running "make check"

> Full Name: Fred Boehm
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi, I'm trying to install netcdf on a server that runs linux. After
> following the instructions on the website, I run "make check" and,
> after much output is printed, the last section of output says that 1 of
> 5 tests failed. I'm unsure how to proceed. I appreciate any suggestions
> that you have. I am a new user of linux, so it's conceivable that I'm
> overlooking something that an experienced user would have considered.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred

Howdy Fred!

If you are running a linux server with network access, perhaps you can install
netCDF from a repository (ex. yum install netcdf).

If you need to build it, do you need the fortran and C++ libraries too? If not,
you can turn them off with --disable-fortran --disable-cxx when configuring the
netCDF build.

If none of this helps, I need you to send the output of make check, and the
file config.log.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: RXT-364648