[netCDF #VUQ-446360]: netcdf 4.1.1 installation errors

Pavel,

> According to your advise, I set the environment variable FC to gfortran44
> (see the attached file env_110324 with all env variables)
> .
> Then the following commands were used:
> 1) make clean
> 2) ./configure
> 3) make check install
>
> Now the "fortran" subdirectory is full with files.
> Unfortunately, compilation errors remain as seen in attached config.log and
> make_check_install_110324.log
>
> Maybe the compiler cannot find some libraries or something else.

OK, the output is puzzling, because the gfortran44 compiler is still
not finding the C functions it needs to call from Fortran.  Could you
please run the following commands and send me the output.  I've also
provided the output I get when running the analogous commands (in my
build directory) for comparison:

  $ cd /home/pavel/WRF_v321/netcdf-4.1.1/fortran/.libs
  $ file fort-lib.o libnetcdff.a
  fort-lib.o:   ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not
stripped
  libnetcdff.a: current ar archive
  $ nm -a libnetcdff.a | grep nf_open
  0000000000000270 T nf_open_