[netCDF #TOS-768937]: netcdf-4.1.1 error

Yaser,

> Thank you very much, Ithink the problem was as you said.
> I used HDF5-1.8.5-patch1 and there was no error at all.

Great, I'm glad it worked.

> There are little undefined variables I think you should look at:
>

> at netCDF 4.1.1  folder ------>  at        ncgen/main.c
> Line 134 I think you should add the following lines:
>

> extern int optind;
> extern int opterr;
> extern char *optarg;
>
> these variables have been used but not been defined in the above mentioned
> file.

These should have been defined by the
  #include <getopt.h>
at the top of the file, if the configure script found that you have
the <getopt.h> header file.  This header file is apparently missing
on some older platforms, which defined these external variables in other
places like <stdio.h> or <unistd.h>.

I'd be interested if you still see these variables undefined when you compile
the latest beta release or daily snapshot release on whatever platform you're
using. In that case, we would need to provide a portability fix, and would
want to know what you're using (AIX 5.1?, HP-UX 11?).

--Russ

Ticket ID: TOS-768937
Department: Support netCDF