[netCDF #GTY-840307]: valgrind test fails on Fedora

> On 12/03/2010 10:14 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > On 12/02/2010 09:46 AM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> >>
> >> Howdy Orion!
> >>
> >> There have been many, many changes since the beta1 release to improve
> >> valgrind testing. As soon as I get current portability problems (mostly
> >> caused by the recent melt-down of my main test machine). If you want to see
> >> the improved code, get the daily snapshot, but there are still some
> >> valgrind
> >> failures in the nctest directory.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Ed
> >>
> >> Ticket Details
> >> ===================
> >> Ticket ID: GTY-840307
> >> Department: Support netCDF
> >
> > Hi Ed!
> >
> > Now I get:
> >
> > configure: error: No valgrind tests with shared libraries
> >
> > Is this going to be permanent? Won't be running valgrind tests on the Fedora
> > packages then.
>
> I never got a response to this.  Is this a permanent change?

Howdy Orion!

How's about we meet for lunch some day next week? I am right up the road from
you...

To answer your question: when I do my valgrind tests with shared libraries, it
doesn't work for me, because some of the test "executable" end up up being
shell script constructed by libtool, to run the "real" executable, which really
ends up in the .libs directory. I don't know how to fix this, but if I could, I
would. Instead I just turned off valgrind testing except for static builds, and
I make sure there are static builds with valgrind testing running on my daily
snapshot.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GTY-840307