[netCDF #FSP-229232]: netcdf-4.1.1 segmentation fault

> Dear Ed,
>
> many thanks for your prompt reply. I'm sorry to tell you that the problem
> is not fixed with netcdf-4.1.2-beta2-snapshot2010113022: I still get a
> segmentation fault running my test program compiled (and linked) with the
> aforementioned library.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon.
> Best regards,
> Marica

Howdy Marica!

Ah ha! This time I have fixed it.

I have added your program to the distribution, in directory cxx, called
tst_many_writes.cpp. If netCDF is configured with --enable-extra-tests, then
the tst_many_writes program will print out how much memory is in use by the
program every thousand records. Now that I have fixed it, the number stays
constant.

This fix is not in the beta2 release, but is in the daily snapshot release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Thanks for finding this!

Ed

Ticket ID: FSP-229232
Department: Support netCDF