[netCDF #STE-431007]: Assertion `offset >= 0' failed.

Hi Rose,

Sorry to take so long to respond to your question.

> Package Version: 3.6.3
> Description of problem: Hello, First time request here!
>
> I'm using ifort v11 to compile and run my program. Part of my program
> reads netcdf files (A: netcdf input files which I built using matlab
> 2010a). This was working just fine until I decided to output more data
> to my B: netcdf output files. Both types of files (A and B) are smaller
> than 250Mb.
>
> When I try to load the first variable from one of my input (A)files I get:
>
> NF_GET_VAR_DOUBLE(NCIDA,VAR_ID,BIO_BFM_S(1:MECO,1:NR-1))
>
> posixio.c:414: px_get: Assertion `offset >= 0' failed.
> forrtl: error (76): Abort trap signal
>
> I'm really stuck on this, any help would be appreciated.

We can't duplicate the problem here, and have not seen a report of that
assertion violation before.  All I can suggest is that you update to a
more recent version of netCDF, for example version 4.1.1, and see if the
problem goes away.  If it doesn't and you can supply us with a dataset
and relatively small program with which we could reproduce the error, we
might be able to supply a fix.

By the way, you can build a netCDF-3 library from a netCDF 4.x source by
just using the configure option --disable-netcdf-4 when you run the
configure script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: STE-431007
Department: Support netCDF