[netCDF #UGD-926588]: Support for netCDF4 in Perl

Cathy,

> Steve, I will find out. I did try my Perl code on our netcdf4 files. I
> get the error "ncopen: filename
> "/Datasets/.cfsr/Monthlies/gaussian/monolevel/lowres/acond.mon.mean.nc":
> Not a netCDF file
>
> A ncdump -n the file works fine. With a -s, I get filetype
>
> :_Format = "netCDF-4 classic model" ;
>
> and some other random metadata
>
> acond:_Storage = "chunked" ;
> acond:_ChunkSizes = 1, 94, 192 ;
> acond:_DeflateLevel = 1 ;
> acond:_Shuffle = "true" ;

It would appear, then, that the netCDFPerl package produced a Perl module that
was statically linked against the netCDF library. You'll need to re-install the
netCDFPerl package -- giving it a reference to the new netCDF-4 library.

> Cathy
>
> --
> NOAA/ESRL PSD and CIRES CDC
> 303-497-6263
> http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/
>
> Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: UGD-926588
Department: Support netCDF Perl