[netCDF #NWR-417884]: UZN-311969

> Hi Sir,
>
> You said to install netCDF4.1 instead of 3.6.3.
>
> But the thing is my requirements can be fulfilled by this lower version.
> Moreover if while installing lower version it is creating problem then what
> it will do with the higher version.
>
> I request you to see the log files that i sent previously and look that what
> to change to install the version 3.6.3 on the machine whose compiler
> configuration and the system configuration is as below.
>
> NetCDF Version 3.6.3
> >
> > icc -v Version 9.0
> >
> > ifort -v Version 9.0
> >
> > Environment variable that i have set are:
> >
> > CC=icc
> > FC=ifort
> > CXX=icpc
> > CFLAGS=-mp
> >
> > HOW I AM CONFIGURING:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/njy/netCDF/ --enable-shared  >& configure.log
> [without
> > --enable-shared also tried]
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Chandan Maheshwari

Although your requirements may be met by the 3.6.3 release, we have done many
releases since then, and in many of those releases I have included fixes to
portability problems. This is a very small project, with no dedicated support
staff - I am the only full-time programmer on the netCDF-C library at the
moment, for example. Therefore I cannot support downrev versions of netCDF.
Please try the latest version, and please take a look at the special
instructions for intel compilers, which you can find on our web page.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: NWR-417884
Department: Support netCDF