Re: Possible issue in ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.getRaf

On 11/4/2010 2:19 PM, Eric Russell wrote:
Hi John,

I'm the author of My World GIS; I've previously written to you from
the address address@hidden, but I'm now at National
Geographic. After a long hiatus from working on My World GIS, I'm
getting version 5 ready for release. In the process, I discovered an
issue with ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.getRaf. The problem may be specific to
Windows. When you call getRaf with a "file:" URL that contains
escaped spaces, it throws a FileNotFoundException. I fixed the
problem by changing line 496 from

uriString = uriString.substring(5);

uriString = StringUtil.unescape(uriString.substring(5));

(this is in version 4 of the NetCDF-Java source code; My World is
still on Java 1.5). I tested it on MacOS X Snow Leopard, and it
doesn't seem to cause any problems there. I haven't tested it on
Linux yet.

Eric

Hi again Eric:

Hmmm thats interesting. Under what circumstances does a location get passed in
with escaped spaces?

So are you still working on MyWorld for northwestern, or is it somehow involved
with ngs?

regards,
John