[netCDF #RMB-115380]: Test fail when building netcdf-3.6.0-p1

> I've figured it out, I needed to explicitly tell it *not* to compile for C++.
> Even though running config flagged as C++ being problematic, it looks like it
> attempted it anyways. I'm using the 3.6.* version because I am actually
> having problems building the hdf5 libraries on my system required by the
> latest versions.

To turn off the C++ build, use configure option --disable-cxx, or set
environment variable CXX to null.

You should still build the latest release. If you don't want to have the HDF5
part, use configure option --disable-netcdf-4. In that case you will get the
latest version of the core library without the netCDF-4/HDF5 extensions. There
have been bug fixes to the classic library that you want to take advantage of.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: RMB-115380
Department: Support netCDF