[netCDF #ZDY-666039]: NETCDF build with open64 compiler

Uttam,

> Thanks for your reply. I've created a simple HOWTO build NetCDF with open64
> compiler page. It is accessible at following url,
>
> http://developer.amd.com/cpu/open64/AppsAndLibraries/Documents/building_netcdf.html
>
> If you could add this info. On NetCDF site, that will be great.

I have one request, if it's not too much trouble.  When it's convenient, could
you try using the
latest stable netCDF release, version 4.1.1, instead of 4.0?  We have made many
improvements
in the software since version 4.0 was released in June 2008, and we would
rather users get a
more current release, 4.1.1 from May 2010.  The 4.1.1 release should be just as
easy or easier
to build, and we would get fewer support questions about bugs we have already
fixed.  The
4.1.1 release (or the latest current stable release) is available from

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

or from the download link on the netCDF home page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZDY-666039