[netCDF #QWK-836758]: user/group name change during installation by root

Hi Paul,

> I am a long-time user of netcdf, but only recently start to install it as a
> root user.  During the installation, the user/group of the files changed from
> the intended one (e.g., root or me as a user) to others.  Is that a benign
> bug in the source code, or is that an indication that the installation
> procedure that I used was not optimal, or else?  I would appreciate very much
> if you may offer some insights.

That doesn't sound like a netCDF issue, but an issue with how user IDs are
configured across network file systems.

Were you using "sudo make install" after successfully building netCDF from
source?

Did you try to install onto a mounted file system on a server that used
different
user/group IDs than on the local machine from which you are running the
installation?

If not, could you describe more specifically how you installed netCDF

--Russ

Ticket ID: QWK-836758
Department: Support netCDF