[netCDF #HQJ-659259]: Error running ./configure when trying to install netCDF 3.6.3

Hi,

Here's some addittional information on the problem you saw in building
netCDF 3.6.3 on your Mac with gfortran 4.3.0.  I tried using the
gfortran 4.5.0 with the /usr/bin/cc 4.2.1 that comes with the Apple
Developer Tools (the same version you already have), and to my surprise
it worked fine:

  $ cc --version
  i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5659)

  $ gfortran --version
  GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.5.0 20090910 (experimental)

  GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
  You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
  For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
  $ make clean
  $ CC=cc FC=gfortran ./configure
  $ make check
  [all tests passed]

So I guess my belief that the cc had to match the gfortran version was
superstitious, becasue that had worked for me before.  From this, I think
all you need is a newer gfortran.

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: HQJ-659259