[netCDF #NCZ-995525]: netcdf on MAC intel ifort

Hi Prashant,

> Trying to build netcdf4.1.1 on Mac Quad Core Intel Xeon, OS X 10.5.8,
> ifort, icc
>
> Using:
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/pmv/bin/netcdf/4_1_1 --disable-netcdf-4
>
> Gives error:
>
> checking for Fortran "integer*2"... yes
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed char"... configure: error:
> Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o
> ./configure: line 332: printf: write error: Broken pipe

This indicates a problem with the way ifort is configured and
installed or use of a different C compiler than icc with ifort,
perhaps due to not setting the PATH before ivoking configure so that
icc and ifort are found as the C and Fortran compilers.

One user indicated this worked on MacOS X 10:

  CC="icc"
  FC="ifort"
  CFLAGS='-O3 -xN -ip -no-prec-div -static'
  FFLAGS='-O3 -xN -ip -no-prec-div -static'
  ./configure
  make check
  make install

You could also try the more elaborate procedure provided by Intel
here, especially if you are using version 10 or later of the Intel
compilers:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers/

If that doesn't help, we'll need to see all the information requested here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: NCZ-995525
Department: Support netCDF