[netCDF #CGQ-607993]: Questions about netCDF

Becky,

> I got a follow-up question from my boss today about the information I
> gave him on UNIDATA's support of netCDF.  Actually, two questions.
>
> One was about how you handle security issues and patches with the software.

So far we haven't had any security issues with netCDF libraries or utilities.
If a security issue were identified, we would give priority to fixing it and
would announce the availability of the fix (in terms of a patch or more
likely a new "snapshot" release) on the netcdfgroup mailing list.

> The second was for a rough idea of how often you release new versions of
> the software.

We make snapshot releases available approximately every night.  A snapshot
release must pass all tests on one platform (Linux) but is not required to
pass testing on the many platforms required for a normal release.  We aim to
make regular releases approximately every six months.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CGQ-607993
Department: Support netCDF