[netCDF #QOI-309912]: netcdf4 MPI_Comm Problem with Open MPI

> > Howdy Matthias!
> >
> > I have added your patch to the repository code. It's in the current
> > snapshot (which I generated just moments ago).
> >
> > Please give it a try.
> >
> > If there are any MPICH1 users out there, this may cause a compile problem.
> > But I wonder if there are any MPICH users out there. (Why have they not
> > moved to MPICH2?)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: QOI-309912
> > Department: Support netCDF
> >

> Hi Ed,
>
> sorry, it took me a couple of weeks to find the time trying the snapshot
> version.
> It works well with Open MPI!
>
> I'm sure there are MPICH1 users around and many other MPIs based on MPICH1
> like MVAPICH
> which do not come with the conversion functions.
> I recommend to add a configure check or configure parameter to enable/disable
> these
> conversions. In the case the conversion is disabled (MPI_Comm_f2c etc. not
> present), you
> can simply define a C macro MPI_Comm_f2c which returns its parameter to fake
> the
> conversion function.
>
> regards
> matthias

Howdy Matthias!

OK, I have done as you suggested. Could you get the snapshot release and see if
it still works for you:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-daily.tar.gz

If you could try it again, it would confirm that I didn't break the Open MPI
functionality I just added. I still have not had the time to set up OpenMP, so
I cannot test this patch myself.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QOI-309912