[Support #MVB-699425]: NetCDF 4.1 C++ release

Hi Thomas,

> is the version NetCDF C++ version 4.1 already officially released? I can not
> find the download on your homepage.

The new C++ API for netCDF-4 is currently available in the netCDF-4.1.1
release candidate:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.1.1-rc1.tar.gz

I am preparing an announcement of this experimental C++ API,
contributed by Lynton Appel, a researcher at the Culham Centre for
Fusion Energy (CCFE) in Oxfordshire, UK.

Lynton Appel's C++ implementation is a complete read/write interface
for netCDF-4, but can also be used as an alternative to the older
netCDF-3 C++ interface, to write classic-format netCDF-3 files as well
as netCDF-4 classic model files.  The new API is implemented as a
layer over the netCDF-4 C interface, which means bug fixes and
performance enhancements in the C interface will be immediately
available to C++ developers as well.  It replaces a previous
experimental and partial netCDF-4 C++ interface developed by
Shanna-Shaye Forbes.

If you would like to try it, we would appreciate any feedback.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MVB-699425
Department: Support netCDF