[netCDF #IVI-141506]: make check nf_test

> Full Name: Nilton Liuji Kamiji
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1_beta2
> Operating System: CentOS 5.4
> Hardware: Intel Xeon
> Description of problem:
>
> I have successfully build the hdf5 with enable parallel using openmpi
> 1.3.2 (The one which we can install from yum).
>
> I have ran the ./configure with CC=mpicc FC=mpif90 CXX=mpicxx (attached
> file: config.log.nf_test_error) make finished with no errors (attached
> file: make.log), however, make check resulted in errors on nf_test
> (attached file: make.check.log).  Obviously, make and make check
> finished with no errors when --disable-f77 and --disable-f90 were
> utilized.
>
> Is it only a problem on the test scripts, or is there really an error
> on the fortran library?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nilton Kamiji

Howdy Nilton!

Sorry it took me so long to answer your questions, things have been a bit
hectic around here the last few weeks.

You should try again with the most recent snapshot release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

The fortran problems are being caused by the fact that the netCDF configure
script can't figure out what kind of fortran compiler you have from the name.
Is it gcc/gfortran based? If so, set CPPFLAGS=-dgFortran and rerun the netCDF
configure.

If you are using non-gnu compilers, or downrev gnu compilers, try setting
CPPFLAGS to -Df2cFortran or -DpgiFortran.

You also want to upgrade to HDF5-1.8.4-patch1:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4/hdf5-1.8.4-patch1.tar.gz

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: IVI-141506