Re: NPP files

Hi John - thanks for your help with this effort. Hopefully we can shake out most
of the key issues in the next few weeks.   More below...

john caron wrote:
sounds like the coordinates are in a seperate file. can you count on that? do you know the name?
Do you mean the geolocation coordinates? If so, I think we can count on them
being located in a different file.
is the file name derivable from the original name? where does that file come from?

It's my understanding we can't count on geolocation being in a separate file. I believe it can sometimes be a separate product group in the same HDF5 file, and sometimes a separate file. I would hope we can derive the file name, but not certain yet. As far as where the file comes from - I'm pretty sure it just comes along for the ride whenever data is requested from the Data Processing Center.
I'll look into this more today, I'm still speculating on a lot of this.

--
Tommy Jasmin
Space Science and Engineering Center