[netCDF #NNK-996117]: problem installing on AIX 5.3

I am not sure if the
reason for this error
has ever been found.
I did find this message in the
archives
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg05563.html)

-----------------------------------

I too have been frustrated by this problem. And I don't know what causes it, or
even if my solution is totally insane.

Insane it may be, but it works for me. These functions can be found in the gcc
C library, so I link to the gcc one sometimes, to get rid of this problem. For
example, here's what I have to set to get this problem to go away with an AIX
build:

LDFLAGS=-L/opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.0.0/2.95.2/powerpc
LIBS=-lgcc

This pulls those missing functions from the gcc library.

But I have never figured out why I should have to do this. If  I had time to
track this down I would contact the compiler manufacturer (IBM in my case) and
ask what is going on.

But this remains one of the great unresolved mysteries of netCDF porting. So
please let me know if this works for you, or if you ever figure out more about
this problem.

Ticket ID: NNK-996117
Department: Support netCDF