[netCDF #TLB-354751]: NetCDF IDL

Hi Patricia,

> I am trying to read netCDF files on IDL version 6.2 software.
> Do I need to install a sub-routine for this
> version? because when I run my programme, the
> result is an error which calls NC_ERROR=-31 and I
> don´t know the meaning of that. Thank you very much in advance.

The file netcdf.h, which may be installed in a directory for library include
files,
has the error -31 associated with "system errors", such as inability to open a
file
due to permissions problems. Usually the exact cause of the problem would be
available
to the calling program (in this case IDL) as the value of a global variable
named
"errno", which could then get translated into a meaningful error message by the
appropriate system call.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but without the value of the global "errno"
variable,
it's impossible to tell which of many errors listed in /usr/include/errno.h are
the cause of the problem.  The most likely error would be "no such file or
directory",
indicating a bad file name or path name.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TLB-354751
Department: Support netCDF