[netCDF #ZPV-208122]: NetCDF 4.0....

Hi Nakia,

> We are currently using NetCDF 4.0 is several of our production models.
> Is there an "End Of Life" date set for NetCDF 4.0 and will you there
> be support available for version 4.0 for at least another year?
> Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

There is no "end of life" for netCDF-4.0 in the sense that future
software releases from Unidata

 - will provide both read and write access to all earlier forms of
   netCDF data.
 - C and Fortran programs using documented netCDF APIs from previous
   versions will continue to work after recompiling and relinking
   (if needed).

Currently we answer support questions for all installed releases of
netCDF as resources permit, but if the release is old and improved
versions are available, our recommendation may be "please upgrade to
a more recent version and let us know if the problem persists".

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZPV-208122
Department: Support netCDF