[netCDF #KQI-692260]: problems using nc_dump with url, backend?

Ellen- A couple of points.
1. Does netcdfAll-4.0.jar contain only Java
   or does it also contain C binaries or C source?
   The reason I ask is that the URL support in the C-baseed netcdf version 4.0
   is based on the older OPeNDAP supplied libnc-dap library. To get the newest
   URL support you would need to utilize the new netcdf version 4.1,
   and that will probably require checking with matlab or where ever
   you got the netcdfAll-4.0.jar file.
2. The ability to read urls of the form "file:..." or "ftp:..."
   depends on (1) using the netcdf 4.1 C code and (2) making sure that the
library
   called libcurl was compiled with file: and ftp: support.

I would first see if there is a netcdfAll-4.1.jar file available.
After that, we can tackle the ftp: problem.

=Dennis Heimbigner

Ticket ID: KQI-692260
Department: Support netCDF