[netCDF #XYW-598296]: make check fails for netcdf-4.1-snapshot2010020200

> The problem is solved if I set LIBS="-L$HOME/share/lib" before running
> configure. I guess the "--with-hdf5" option is not correctly passed to
> libtool using "-L".
>
> -Huaiyu

OK, I have managed to reproduce your problem, but only with a 32-bit shared
library build on my machine (the 64-bit shared library build works fine).

Since there is a work-around (setting the LIBS) I am going to release 4.1 with
this problem. One piece of work slated for 4.2 is a complete refactor of the
way that configure handles the HDF5 and other libraries.

Thanks for finding this.

Ed

Ticket ID: XYW-598296
Department: Support netCDF