[netCDF #KHS-464374]: conversion tool/script to netcdf

S> Hi
>
> My query is for a friend of mine in India. He works in the Indian
> Meteorological Department and they use the Gematronix Doppler Weather
> Radar for data acquisition. This data is stored in the Rainbow data
> format of Gematronix, Germany. They are trying to convert this data to
> netcdf or HDF5 format for obvious reasons.
> He contacted me to see if UCAR can provide directions regarding tools
> or scripts for this data comversion. Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Anila

Sorry, I don't think I can help much with this, but a quick google search
turned up a paper (here:
http://www.atmosfera.unam.mx/editorial/atmosfera/acervo/vol_23_1/04.pdf) that
says:

"An interface software is developed (Sen Roy et al., 2009) to convert the data
files (raw data) in VOL format (proprietary Rainbow format of Gematronik
Corporation) to a non-proprietary open source NETCDF format."

So perhaps some help can be found there.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: KHS-464374
Department: Support netCDF