Re: OS Porting Question

Hi Todd,

> What it would take to run netCDF on BlueCat (or any other lessor known
> OS).
>
> Is there a process in place to go to other OS/platform configuration?
> Or will I have to port the code myself?

You sent this message to the netcdf-java mailing list, so presumably
you're asking about the Java interface for netCDF.  Since it's written
in 100% Java, all you need is a Java VM to run it on any operating
system.  If you have a Java VM, your job is done.

If you mistakenly sent the message to the netcdf-java mailing list and
are really asking about the C-based Java interfaces for C, Fortran,
C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc., then you will have to port the code
yourself.  That shouldn't be very hard, since it's written in C and has
already been ported to essentially all Unix and Linux systems,
Windows, and Mac-OS-X.  There is an installation and porting guide
available on the netCDF web site:

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/staff/russ/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ