Re: netcdf and solaris

Hi Kevin,

> I am working with netCDF on a solaris machine and seeing some flaky results
> with respect to doing netcdf stuff.   I know that is not very specific, but
> my real question is if there are known problems with netCDF running on
> Solaris (ver 5.3)?    Just a basic question which may save hours upon hours
> of frustration.

No, we haven't noticed any problems under SunOS 5.3.  That's what I use as a
development platform.  When we build netCDF 2.3.2 from the sources under
SunOS 5.3 using the SPARCworks ANSI C compiler, we get a few warning
messages like

  "jackets.c", line 798: warning: semantics of ">" change in ANSI C; use
explicit cast

but it passes all the tests that get run with "make test".

If you have a small example program that demonstrates a bug, we will try to
reproduce it and determine a fix or workaround.

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000