[netCDF #BOQ-220297]: problem with NetCDF perl module installation

David,

> I didn't make it past the test.  Below you'll find items A-H.

The file "makefile.log" contained the following:

cd perl && perl Makefile.PL POLLUTE=0
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lnetcdf
Writing Makefile for NetCDF

I suspect that the configure(1) script didn't find your installed netCDF
library and that, consequently, the netCDF library wasn't incorporated into the
netCDF-Perl Perl module. Would you please send me the output of the command "nm
-g /home/amec/netcdf-perl-1.2.4/src/perl/blib/arch/auto/NetCDF/NetCDF.so"

What is the pathname of your netCDF library? You could set the environment
variable LD_NETCDF to this pathname and try rebuilding the netCDF-Perl package.

> Also, any
> reason why this module isn't available through CPAN?

Time. I have a bunch of other, higher-priority items on my plate. I'll add this
to the list, however.

> Thanks,
> David
>
> A.  Linux WRF-master 2.6.9-34.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 16:56:28 EST 2006
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> B.  attached
> C.  /usr/bin/cc
> D-H.  attached