[netCDFPerl #JMN-162963]: CLM netcdf error

Cory,

> Hello, I am trying to run CLM3.5 offline for a 3 deg x 3 deg region in
> Oregon.

I'm afraid that I don't know what CLM is.

> I used the tools to make regional grid and surface datasets.
> When I run CLM, I get the following error:
>
> ----------------------
> Attempting to read monthly vegetation data .....
> nstep =             1  month =             1  day =             1
> (GETFIL): attempting to find local file surfdata_0001x0001.nc
> (GETFIL): using
> /home/pettijoc/clm3.5/tools/mksurfdata/surfdata_0001x0001.nc
> netcdf error from readMonthlyVegetation
> netcdf strerror = NetCDF: Index exceeds dimension bound
> ENDRUN: called without a message string
> --------------------------
>
> Any recommendations on how to debug the problem behind the netcdf error?

I have no idea what could cause the error other than the CLM
package used an index that was greater than the size of a
netCDF dimension.  I suggest contacting the creator of the CLM
package.

You could also use some of the netCDF tools listed at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html to
see what they have to say about the netCDF file.

> Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide,
> Cory
>
> ______________________________________
>
> J. Cory Pettijohn
> Research Associate Post-Doc
> Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society
> Oregon State University
> Corvallis, OR 97331
> phone: 541-737-9072

Regards,