[netCDFPerl #DKR-119346]: netCDF Perl Interface - can't get netCDF Perl to make with Perl 5.8.8

John,

> Thanks, I do know the installation works fine with 5.8.6.  The problem is
> that if I go back to 5.8.6 I think there will be other things that no longer
> work (plus, I'm not sure I can go back cleanly to 5.8.6).  So what I'd really
> like is to know if anyone has successfully installed with 5.8.8 on 10.4.

I'm not aware of anyone who has or who might have installed
the netCDF-Perl package under perl 5.8.8.  You might try posting
an inquiry to the netCDF mailing-list <address@hidden>.

> If that path doesn't work out, I'd be willing to try reverting to 5.8.6, if
> there are clear instructions somewhere for doing so.

I'm not a perl expert; I don't know if such reverting instructions
exist.

Based on some Googling, please try the following: 1) go into
the "perl/" subdirectory; 2) edit the file "Makefile": change
"-undefined dynamic_lookup" to "-Udynamic_lookup"; 3) execute
the command "make clean"; 4) execute the command "make"; and
5) execute the command "make test".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DKR-119346