20050124: installation of netcdf.pm and execute permission

Nick,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Nick" <address@hidden>
> Subject: netCDF Unix Build - To change permission to netcdf.pm

> Institution: Single user
> Package Version: 1.2.3
> Operating System: Red Hat linux 9
> Hardware Information: cluster OSCAR
> Inquiry: Hi,
> my problem is:
>
> After making the procedure to instal Netcdf-Perl Module and editing the
> final command " make realclean" without any problem I want to change
> the executable permission to netcdf.pm but i  can't do this I think
> because the default user-group is 1136-2000 Is it possible?  If you can
> give me an answer I'm grateful.

I'm not certain I understand your question.  The file "netcdf.pm"
is installed in the perl(1) installation and it does not need to be
executable.  For example:

    $ ls -l /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/NetCDF.pm
    -r--r--r--  1 root root 1668 May 20  1997
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/NetCDF.pm

I suggest that you rebuild and reinstall the netcdf-perl package.
Execute the command "make install" as yourself.  If, and only if this
fails, then become root and re-execute the command "make install".  Do
not execute the commands "make clean", "make distclean", or "make
realclean" between these two "make install" attempts.

If this fails, then please send me the output from the two "make
install" attempts.

> Regards
> Nick.

Regards,