20010319: Installation of NetCDF-perl-1.2.1

Alford,

>Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:05:37 -0600
>From: "Alford, Glennette R" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20010315: Installation of NetCDF-perl-1.2.1

> Steve,  How are you this fine Monday afternoon?  Things are not going that
> well here.  What version of NetCDF and NetCDF Perl should we have?

You should probably use the latest version of the netCDF package.  I
belive that that's currently "netcdf-3.5-beta8".  Don't be concerned
about the "beta" label: it's better than version 3.4.

Be sure to build the netCDF package with position-independent code so
that it can be put in the shared, NetCDFPerl library.

The latest version of the NetCDFPerl package is 1.2.1.

> I have version 3.4 of NetCDF and as you know version 1.2.1 of
> NetCDF-Perl.  This is what I found under unidata.ucar.edu.  Is there
> another site that has the latest versions of the software.

We're the source site for the netCDF and NetCDFPerl packages.

> We're having all kinds of problems here.

What version of Perl do you have?  E.g.

    $ perl --version

    This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

Regards,