20000627: building on IRIX 6.5 system with perl 5.6.0

Matthew,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I think we have moved from LDM to a new venue.  I
> am now having problems
> installing netcdfperl for my decoders.  I will try
> to give you all of our
> install information.
>
> -- I have perl5.6.0 installed
> -- uname -a IRIX vortex 6.5 04191226 IP3
> -- Version netcdf-perl-1.2
> -- Configuration error:

The "loading cache" message from the configure script means that it used
the settings from a previous execution.  In order to start from scratch,
you must do a "make distclean" before executing the configure script and
ensure that the file "config.cache" does NOT exist.

Would you please do the following to give me more information:

    1.  Send me the output from the command "perl -V".

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory of the netcdf-perl package.

    3.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    4.  Ensure that the file "config.cache" does not exist.

    5.  Execute the "configure" script.  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "configure.log".  Send me the file
        "configure.log".

Regards,