[netCDFJava #ZMD-614767]: BUFR data does not work with a recent ncIdv.jar

Greetings Bob!

Oh boy, an oldie but goodie. We no longer run the jira instance, and migrated
many of the old issues over to github, but it looks like that one didn’t make
it
over. Do you have a sample of a problematic BUFR file we could checkout?

The BUFR code was rewritten a few years back before John left, and from what
I understand, the old code made quite a few improper assumptions about how
to represent the data as a netCDF-Java dataset object. The new code removed
a lot of those assumptions, and many BUFR files became unreadable.

If you have a sample, I’ll take a look and hopefully we can knock this oldie
out.

Cheers,

Sean