[netCDFJava #PJP-745011]: Help with NetCDF4

Let me take an initial stab at this.
> - What is the most efficient way, time and computationally, to convert
grib2 to netcdf4?
Unidata provides only limited tools for doing this, so I do not have a
definitive answer.
The approach we support is via the java version of netcdf (see the unidata
web page). There are tools: ToolsUI and NcDumpw that can do this.

> - When we are structuring our data during conversion, we are consuming
TBs of data and storage for analysis, what are the advantages of using
the Common Data Model?
Can you elaborate; what alternatives are you assuming?

> - Does the Common Data Model advantages and disadvantages still hold
true if we are not using the Java Tools? We are use Python to interact
with the data.
The python tools with which I am familiar use the netcdf-c library.
The netcdf-c library equivalent to the common data model is called
netcdf-4 (also called netcdf enhances).
- Where can we obtain resources for use cases and investigations of
using the netcdf4 file format?
=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: PJP-745011