Re: Deprecated warnings

John,

Something else odd came up over the weekend, and this time I need to ask
whether the latest netcdfAll-4.3.jar download on the NJ website was compiled
using Java 6 or Java 7?

I am still using Java 6 on my desktop, but the latest Java 7 when I use my
laptop.

Using the laptop on Saturday, I downloaded the latest netcdfAll-4.3. After
making some minor change to Panoply, I started a new compile and suddenly
started seeing a bunch of "cannot find symbol" errors for the methods
getShortName() and getFullName() in ucar.nc2.Dimension.

This problem does not happen when using the desktop machine with Java 6. Since
I can compile Panoply and link to netcdfAll-4.3 with this set-up, I'd assume
that netcdfAll-4.3 was built using Java 6.

Again, this compilation problem seems really bizarre. I would think if there
was any issue related to the Java version to build netcdfAll-4.3, the machine
using the older Java would be more likely to croak on it.

rbs

--
Robert B. Schmunk
Webmaster / Senior Systems Programmer