[netCDFJava #IHC-743264]: Problems reading GRIB2 files

Hi Jeff,

I just wanted to add a quick note to Sean's comments.

The netCDF-java API (ucar.nc2) is our supported data access API. The underlying
GRIB code (ucar.nc2.grib), on the other hand, was not designed as a stand-alone
data access API. We do not, generally, support the direct use of that API nor
do we guarantee the stability of that API.

Ethan

Sean wrote:
> Greetings Jeff,
>
> Jeff wrote:
> > Since there are no Java docs on ucar.grib.grib2
>
> I do apologize for the lack of current javadocs...I am not sure what happened
> there.  The
> best I can do today is point you to the source code (lame, I know):
>
> https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/tree/v4.3.14
>
> The GRIB stuff is located in the grib module, although you will likely be
> interested in
> this particular part:
>
> https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/tree/v4.3.14/grib/src/main/java/ucar/grib

Ticket ID: IHC-743264