Re: [netcdf-java] Reading HDF5 files with OPERA radar data by SMHI

Hi Eleonora :

the latest version of 4.2 from here

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

should read this file.

On 12/20/2010 8:12 AM, Eleonora Lypovetska wrote:
Hi,

I tried the release 4.1 release (4.1.20100721.1910) you mentioned. Unfortunately I cannot open a HDF5 file any more at all:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cant read ...\import\radar\hdf5\in\nordrad.scan-dbz-0_5.kkr.20100327T170000Z.data: not a valid NetCDF file.
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:759)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:403)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:373)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:360)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:348)
at org.ninjoworkstation.data.hdf5.Hdf5Reader.readData(Hdf5Reader.java:34)
    ... 7 more

Could you please have a look at the problem. Did you try to open a HDF5 file Hermann had a problem with.

Thanks in advance
Eleonora