Re: HDF metadata

On Nov 22, 2010, at 18:17, John Caron wrote:

> On 11/22/2010 4:09 PM, Robert B. Schmunk wrote:
>> On Nov 22, 2010, at 17:53, John Caron wrote:
>>
>>> then, when you enhance it, it turns it into a double by applying the
>>> scale/offset, and the non-string attributes are:
>> I always use NetcdfDataset.acquireFile(String,CancelTask)
>> to open datasets. Poking through the API, it looks to me
>> like using this method always turns on enhancement.
>
> NetcdfDataset.acquireDataset() uses enhanced mode by deafult, i dont think
> acquireFile() does though

Sorry. The longer version of what I am doing is

NetcdfFile ncf = NetcdfDataset.acquireFile (String,null);
NetcdfDataset ncd = new NetcdfDataset (ncf);

The latter constructor uses whatever defaultEnhanceMode has
been set to. Since I never touch it, it is set to EnhanceAll
according to the NJ source code that I downloaded recently.

--
Robert B. Schmunk, address@hidden
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, 2880 Broadway, New York, NY 10025